Isn’t childhood a wonderful time of our lives? When you look back at yours, you’re bound to have many different memories from those days. Hopefully, you can recall far more enjoyable memories than unpleasant ones.
Childhood memories are precious since, in a way, they represent that phase in your life when everything was simpler, you had a greater sense of curiosity, you were more willing to discover things, and for the most part, mistakes you made were fairly benign. It was truly an extended period of time filled with countless “wow” moments, in contrast to those “can’t do this” and “I know better” moments that can plague us as adults.
Do you deserve to cherish your childhood memories? Yes! Here are 51 childhood memories quotes that validate the importance of reminiscing on them as we get older.
1. “What one loves in childhood stays in their heart forever.” — Hary Jo Putney
2. “Childhood is a collection of life’s most precious moments.” — Anonymous
3. “Childhood is practically the most beautiful part of a person’s life, the most innocent too.” — Anonymous
4. “Childhood dreams are forever stuffed in our souls. Take them out and play sometimes.” — Angie Wieland-Crosby
5. “Childhood memories are timeless treasures of the heart.” — Anonymous
6. “Happy times come and go, but the best childhood memories stay forever.” — Anonymous
7. “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.” — Tom Stoppard
8. “Happiness is laughing at old childhood photos.” — Anonymous
9. “Sometimes I wish I could go back to my childhood and capture all those happy memories.” — Anonymous
10. “When we are old and failing, it is the memories of childhood which can be summoned most clearly.” — Dan Simmons
11. “I miss being a child and doing practically senseless stuff and yet having the time of my life.” — Anonymous
12. “Childhood memories are the sweetest memories of the past.” — Anonymous
13. “A happy childhood is perhaps the most fortunate gift in life.” — Dorothy Richardson
14. “Every happy memory created in childhood is a treasure of time.” — Anonymous
15. “The older I grow, the more earnestly I feel that the few joys of childhood are the best that life has to give.” — Ellen Glasgow.
16. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back on your childhood everything is different?” — Anonymous
17. “I spent my whole childhood wishing I were older and now I’m spending my adulthood wishing I were younger.” — Anonymous
18. “Don't you wish you could take a single childhood memory and blow it up into a bubble and live inside it forever?” — Sarah Addison Allen, 'Lost Lake'
19. “I love those random childhood memories that make me smile no matter what is going on in my life right now.” — Anonymous
Childhood memories quotes about childhood friendships and relationships
20. “Childhood friendship is the most beautiful memory that can never be replaced.” — Anonymous
21. “You don't have to have anything in common with people you've known since you were five. With old friends, you've got your whole life in common.” — Lyle Lovett.
22. “The best childhood memories are the ones stitched together with love.” — Anonymous
23. “Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side, our roots will always be tangled.” — Ally Condie.
24. “Sometimes my childhood memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.” — Anonymous
25. “The happiness never leaves me whenever I am reminiscing about my childhood days. I treasure them.” — Anonymous
26. “Remember, childhood only lasts 10–12 years. There's a lot that has to be squeezed in to make for a lifetime of happy memories.” — Susan Branch
27. “Will you turn back time and let me live my childhood once more? I was happier back then.” — Anonymous
28. “I miss being a child, laughing about the little things, not caring about a thing in the world.” — Anonymous
29. “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.” — Julian Barnes
30. “It’s the little moments in childhood that make the biggest memories.” — Anonymous
31. “Childhoods never last. But everyone deserves one.” — Wendy Dale
32. “Childhood is not a race to see how quickly a child can excel academically. Childhood is a small window of time to play, build friendships, and have fun while learning along the way.” — Anonymous
33. “Sometimes, it’s better to bunk a class and enjoy time with friends, because today, when I look back, marks never make me laugh, but memories do.” — A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
34. “Childhood is like being drunk: everyone remembers what you did, except you.” — Anonymous
35. “Childhood is a short season to be enjoyed, not rushed.” — Anonymous
36. “When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood.” — Sam Ewing.
37. “Some days I wish I could go back to my childhood. Not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.” — Anonymous
38. “Great childhoods are made of feelings of connection and positive experiences, not things.” — Anonymous
39. “Childhood is the one story that stands by itself in every soul.” — Ivan Doig
40. “I miss being the child whose eyes shone brightly at the thought of seeing the simplest of things.” — Anonymous
41. “Childhood is the light of our life, we must keep it safe within our hearts.” — Marinela Reka
42. “There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in.” — Graham Greene
43. “Childhood is where dreams are born, and time is never planned.” — Anonymous
44. “Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” — Fred Rogers
45. “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.” — Tom Stoppard
46. “There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.” — Elizabeth Lawrence
47. “Childhood is the best of all the seasons of life, and the longer it lasts with happy memories, the stronger the emotional stability in adulthood.” — Venugopal Acharya
48. “What was wonderful about childhood is that anything in it was a wonder. It was not merely a world full of miracles, it was a miraculous world.” — G.K. Chesterton
49. “We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it.” — George Eliot
50. “The memories we make in our childhood are the ones that will carry with us for the rest of our lives.” — Anonymous
51. “The mud and dirt will wash off, but the childhood memories will last a lifetime.” — Anonymous
Let these childhood memories quotes serve as a reminder to value all the great memories from the time you were young, bubbly and innocent. But what is one way to ensure your childhood memories last forever? Try using Memories to digitise and safely store old, childhood pictures and memorabilia from your photo albums.
It’s easy to use Memories through your web browser or the mobile app (available on both iOS and Android devices). By creating digital Timelines, be creative with grouping together photos that represent all those memorable events and experiences that you can look back at fondly with your family, and at any time you wish. Click here to register for a Memories account and start preserving your beautiful childhood memories.